1952, BSc, General Agriculture, College of Agriculture, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt.
1956, MSc, Horticulture, University of California, Davis. Area of Research;
Problems Related to Fruit and Vegetable Production. With emphasis on post-harvest physiology and the problems of handling, storage and marketing.
1962, PhD, major Plant Pathology, minor Horticulture. Oregan State University. Area of Research,
Disease of Fruit and Vegetable. Bacterial Disease and Nutrient Deficiency.
- 1956-1957 – Lecturer, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad, Baghdad. Iraq. Teaching;- Principles of Fruit and Vegetable Production.
- 1957-1 958 – Agriculture Specialist and Director of the Fruit Section at the , Horticulture Station, Zaafarania, Baghdad, Iraq. Establishing three trial orchards to study the problems involving apple, apricot and grape production.
- 1958-1962 – Work leading towards a PhD in Plant Pathology, and Teacher’s Assistant in the Plant Nutrition and Tissues Analysis Laboratory, Oregon State University.
- 1962-1968 – Assistant Professor and Head of the Department of Plant Protection, University of Baghdad, Baghdad Iraq.
- Teaching; Plant Pathology, and Post-Harvest Physiology of Fruit and Vegetable.
- Supervision of Graduate students.
- 1968-1970 – Assistant Professor, College of Agriculture, University of Libya, Tripoli, Libya
- Teaching; Subtropical Horticulture, Citrus and Date, Production and Post-Harvest Physiology of Fruits and Vegetables.
- Supervising Graduate Students in Citriculture.
- Managing and establishing the College’s Experimental Orchards.
- 1970-1972 – Assistant Professor and Head of the Department of Plant Protection, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq.
- 1966-1 968 – Member of the Board of Directors of the Great Mussayab Project, Baghdad, Iraq.
- 1966-1 968 – Technical Advisor to the Agriculture and Chemical State Company, Baghdad, Iraq.
- 1978-1 981 -Member of the Board of Directors of the Agriculture Scientific Research Center, Baghdad, Iraq.
A study of the problems of growing Date in Libya. Problems of date production and marketing were identified and recommendations were submitted to the Ministry of Agriculture.
A similar study was made regarding Date and other Agriculture products in the United Arab Emirates.
Lecturing and training staff of the Ministry of Agriculture of the United Arab Emirates. To enable them to handle the problems of Date and Fruit production.
- 1965-1968 – Director of the Agriculture Planning and Consulting Bureau;
- Planning and Planting orchards and farms.
- Consultants for Sandoz Agrochemical Company. preformed trial programs for establishing the effects of some of their products and their use in Plant Protection.
- 1972-1983 -Senior Partner and Consultant of the Baghdad Agriculture Bureau;
- Consultants for Shell and ICI Agrochemicals Companies carrying out studies, laboratory and field trials, to establish the effect and use of pesticides in agriculture.
- Consulting services for the Ministry of Agriculture. Studies included cropping patterns, economical and social evaluations, and design of the following experimental farms;
a) Qra-Tepa irrigation and agriculture project (55,000 Ha).
b) Abu-Bshut project (8500 Ha).
Both projects have been successfully implemented.
- Cooperation with other, Foreign and Iraqi, consultant firms for the study of the development of the Dairy Industries, livestock production, horticultural and field crops in the Northern Region of Iraq. These studies were all approved by their concerned Ministries.
- 1983-1985 – Member of the Arab Company for Agriculture Services and Consultations;
- Wheat production farms in Saudi Arabia.
- Field crops and sheep production in Saudi Arabia.
- Integrated farm for field crops, vegetable and sheep production in Jordan.
- 1985-Present – President of Saumer Foods Inc. A feasibility study was carried out on vegetable freezing in Jordan.Publications:
- Influence of Temperature on Imitation of Crown Gall in Woody Plants. 1965.
- Effect of various salt concentrations on growth of Fusarium oxysporium f. lycopersici and Rhizoctonia soloni. 1966.
- Citrus Nematode Tylenchulus semipnetrans as a possible cause for citrus die-back in Iraq. 1970.
- Effect of Nitrogen levels and date of application on the yield of lettuce. 1976.
- The problems of handling and storing Potatoes in Iraq. 1981.
- Offshoots as a factor in the expansion of date culture. 1983.
- Economical loss of agriculture production, due to the pests in the Arabian Countries.
- Agriculture land use program in Iraq. 1987.
- Scientific Conferences:
Participation in more than 15 Scientific Conference and Agribusiness meetings in the United States, Europe and the Middle East.